Immediate Implants are becoming more common due to their improved results.
Dr. Ang takes the time to discuss your options.
Here are a few of the benefits of placing Immediate Implants:
- It saves the patient time (fewer visits and procedures needed = less time from work = money saved for patient).
- The immediate placement uses the already present supporting bone, eliminating the need for bone grafting & reducing the chances of resorbtion of the bone.
- By preserving the bone, it results in a better aesthetic look.
- Fewer procedures also means reduced risk of infection and/or dry socket.
At Amherst Village Dental we weigh the pros and cons of the procedures offered on multiple levels – looking always to boost patient long-term health, comfort, and satisfaction.
An Immediate Implant is placed when a tooth is extracted and an implant is then placed in that same extraction site.
There is usually less guess work, if any, as to the depth and angle that an implant should be placed when introducing it to the same site. However, there are some factors that may impact whether a Patient is a good candidate for Immediate Implant placement ~ these are:
- The Patient should not have multiple teeth missing adjacent to the intended Implant site.
- The buccal bone needs to be preserved through the extraction process.
- The Patient does not have excessive bone loss – as this would potentially compromise the extraction process and implant process.
With all factors taken into consideration, Dr. Ang is able to determine the best form of Dental Implants for his patients. Whether the Implants are Immediate, or traditional, at Amherst Village Dental we provide comprehensive, quality dental care.
Changing Smiles for the better!